Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tuna & Artichoke Pasta Salad

I am not going to even start telling you how much I love pasta. So it's no wonder I love having an excuse to make a pasta salad. And as I told you in the previous post, I had guests last night. We were supposed to go to the park for a picnic but the weather turned so it ended up being at my house. A pasta salad is always a staple at any of my picnics. They don't have to be warmed and you can pretty much put anything in it! This dish can serve as a serious meal. It's got meaty tuna and artichoke hearts, spinach and cherry tomatoes. It's really delicious and kids love it too!



I love taking pictures of my ingredients. It makes me even more excited to create the dish.
Saute the shallots, and add the tuna, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes and spinach. Let this cook on medium high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated, and the tomatoes skins wrinkle.

Isn't food beautiful?
Pour this onto your cooked pasta. Add 2-3 tablespoons of marinara sauce and it's ready to eat.



Tuna & Artichoke Pasta Salad
1 box pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 shallots, thinly sliced
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
2 cans quartered artichoke hearts
2 cans chunk light tuna in water
3 tablespoons marinara sauce

Cook pasta as directed on box. In a pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat and saute shallots for 4-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Add tuna, artichokes, tomatoes and spinach and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated and skins of tomatoes are wrinkling. Pour over cooked pasta and add the marinara. Mix to combine. Serve hot or cold.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment